Tulsa, Oklahoma Litigation Attorneys with a National Practice Before State and Federal Courts
Our firm represents both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide range of civil litigation cases in state and federal court. Our attorneys have decades of experience managing all phases of the litigation process, including investigation and discovery, motion practice, mediation, trial and appeal. Whether you are an individual or a business, our experienced litigators will work with you to manage costs and resolve your case in a satisfactory manner.
- Successfully overturned the dismissal of an Open Meetings Act claim and obtained a decision ensuring all Oklahomans have a private right of action for violations of the Act.
- Defended an employer-garnishee in a garnishment action and successfully argued to the Court of Civil Appeals that the CCPA precludes certain garnishments, which was an unsettled area of the law.
- Represented a homeowner in action against a builder for negligence and obtained a favorable jury verdict.
- Obtained a successful jury verdict in favor of an employer in federal court where a former employee claimed wrongful termination due to pregnancy discrimination.
- Obtained a large jury verdict in favor of the estate of a deceased employee where the employer refused to honor the employee’s life insurance policy.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of case against corporate client in federal court at the beginning stage of the case arguing that the plaintiff could not assert a claim as a matter of law.
- Obtained defense victory for client at the trial stage of a heavily litigated case in federal court winning evidentiary rulings which pressured plaintiff into dismissing case with prejudice to refiling.
- Obtained summary judgement in federal court on an employment matter and sought order for costs and expenses.
- Represented small business owner through bench trial in Tulsa County, Oklahoma to obtain a judgment and award.
- Handled numerous cases for individuals in personal injury lawsuits asserting their claims in state court and ultimately reaching successful settlements of their claims.
- Assisted insurers in defending personal injury lawsuits in state courts including preparation of risk assessments, evaluations, and reaching successful settlements.
- Handled personal injury cases involving minors, preparing proper pleadings, documentation, and successfully obtaining court approval for settlements involving minors.
For More Information About Our State and Federal Litigation Practice
Based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, our civil litigation attorneys practice in state and federal courts throughout much of the U.S. For additional information, we welcome you to contact Titus Hillis.