J. Miles McFadden focuses his practice on litigation. His experience includes general and business litigation, contract disputes, collection of debts and judgments, defending employers in state and federal labor and employment matters, appeals, and representing plaintiffs and defendants in tort claims involving negligence, fraud, and bad faith.
Miles advises clients on various business issues such as corporate structuring and contract review. He also provides employment counseling to guide business management in complying with state and federal employment laws when hiring, disciplining, and terminating employees, as well as when dealing with day to day employment issues such as leaves of absence and requests for accommodation. In addition, he assists medical providers and covered entities with HIPAA compliance and determining how to proceed in the event sensitive patient data has been lost or breached. Miles has practiced exclusively at Titus Hillis since he graduated from law school in 2010.
- Obtained and preserved on appeal to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals summary judgment in favor of employer in age discrimination claim asserted under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
- Favorably resolved litigation for both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of cases ranging from medical malpractice to contract disputes.
- Counseled employers in complying with state and federal employment laws including the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Title VII, as well as wage and hour laws.
- Represented Oklahoma business owners in contract drafting.
- Successfully collected numerous judgments, personal debts, and commercial debts on behalf of large financial institutions and banks, medical billing companies, as well as other businesses and judgment creditors, including domestication and collection of a judgment in excess of $26 million and coordinating co-counsel in collection activities in multiple other states to achieve a favorable result for the client.
- Obtained successful results on appeal to preserve judgments rendered in favor of the firm’s clients, including a published decision on a previously unsettled area of Oklahoma law.
- Represented Oklahoma business owners in drafting employee agreements, preparation of employee non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements, as well as other employment documents.
"Avoiding Disputes After a Settlement Conference or Mediation," co-author, Tulsa Lawyer Magazine, August 2017
“’Sniffing’ Out an ADA Claim: Chemical, Fragrance, and Scent Sensitivities in the Workplace,” co-author, Oklahoma Bar Journal, September 2016
“Limitations on Damages under the Oklahoma Anti-Discrimination Act Upheld by the Oklahoma Supreme Court,” co-author, Oklahoma Bar Journal, August 2014
“Oklahoma Legislature Bars Public Policy Discrimination Tort Claims,” co-author, Oklahoma Bar Journal, October 2011