Tulsa, Oklahoma Appellate Attorneys with a National Practice Before State and Federal Courts
Our appellate attorneys have broad experience with interlocutory appeals, appeals from final judgments, and various writs. We have experience at all levels of state and federal appellate courts, including state supreme courts, federal circuit courts of appeal, and the United States Supreme Court. We handle appeals arising from our own cases and also serve as appellate counsel for matters originating at other firms.
- Successfully defended the appeal of a favorable jury verdict through the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals and Oklahoma Supreme Court, obtained an award of appeal-related attorney fees, and collected on the judgment after the appeal was completed.
- Successfully petitioned the Oklahoma Supreme Court to grant a writ of mandamus and overturn an erroneous district court decision to enforce a multi-million dollar lien on an aircraft.
- Successfully overturned the dismissal of an Open Meetings Act claim and obtained a published decision ensuring all Oklahomans have a private right of action when public bodies violate the Open Meeting Act’s requirements.
- Filed a petition for a writ of mandamus in a case in which our client’s motion in limine was denied and, after winning a jury verdict in our client’s favor, defended an appeal filed by the defendant.
- Defended an employer-garnishee in a garnishment action brought by an employee’s creditors and successfully argued to the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals that the Consumer Credit Protection Act precludes certain garnishments when some child support income assignments are already in place, which was previously an unsettled area of law in Oklahoma.
- Handled numerous employment litigation appeals at the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court and successfully defended multiple rulings and judgments in our clients’ favor.
- Appealed a ruling adversely finding that our client’s experts had not presented sufficient data and information to meet the evidentiary standards required by Missouri courts. The matter was reversed and remanded to the trial court for trial.
- Overturned lower court decisions refusing to enforce arbitration provisions in our clients’ contracts through appeals to the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals.
- As specially retained appellate counsel, appealed a state medical board case adversely decided against a medical office administrator who was charged with engaging in the unauthorized and unlicensed practice of medicine.
- Defended three separate interlocutory appeals initiated by the Maryland Board of Physicians after the circuit court entered a default judgment on the issue of liability against the defendants following favorable rulings on our clients' six separate motions for the imposition of discovery sanctions.
For More Information About Our Appellate Law Practice
Based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, our appellate attorneys practice in state and federal courts throughout much of the U.S. For additional information, we welcome you to contact Titus Hillis.