Tulsa, Oklahoma Labor and Employment Attorneys with a National Practice Before State and Federal Courts
Our employment lawyers have extensive employment litigation experience defending local and national corporate clients in a wide range of claims, including discrimination and retaliation, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, Family Medical Leave Act, employment contract disputes, and wage and hour claims. Our experience includes representing employers both at the agency level and in state and federal courts.
We partner with our clients to provide business-focused employment advice to avoid the costs and business distractions that result from workplace disputes and to limit exposure to costly litigation. We regularly provide employment compliance and best practices training to our client’s human resources and management personnel, as well as draft policies and handbooks. Our employment lawyers also act as investigators for our clients to investigate internal employee complaints such as alleged equal employment opportunity violations and ethical issues.
- Defended a national corporate client in a federal multi-plaintiff gender and age discrimination lawsuit resulting from a reduction-in-force. Obtained summary judgment as to all but one plaintiff and obtained a defense judgment after a bench trial with regard to the remaining plaintiff.
- Obtained a defense jury verdict in a federal lawsuit involving claims of pregnancy discrimination.
- Obtained a summary judgment in a class action wage and hour dispute.
- Obtained a summary judgment in arbitration for a national corporate client involving several executive-level, former employees asserting claims for severance under their employment agreements and fraud.
- Obtained favorable settlements for employers during wage and hour audits by the United States Department of Labor involving allegations of employee misclassification and failure to pay overtime wages.
- Counseled and assisted numerous employers during reductions-in-force to draft effective severance agreements, comply with WARN Act requirements, and to take practical steps to avoid post-layoff discrimination/retaliation claims.
- Obtained various dismissals and/or summary judgments for local and national corporate clients in discrimination and retaliation cases brought under Title VII, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, and OADA.
- Obtained numerous “no cause” findings from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the former Oklahoma Human Rights Commission.
- Negotiated numerous nominal and defense-favorable settlements to resolve litigation disputes.
- Often defend employers who have been accused of retaliation under the Administrative Workers' Compensation Act.
For More Information About Our Labor and Employment Law Practice
Based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, our labor and employment law attorneys practice in state and federal agencies and courts throughout much of the U.S. For additional information, we welcome you to contact Titus Hillis.